The Best Practice To Implement from Day 1 in your business to have success is a Notepad.
I was trying to think of a good topic for today’s Freedom Friday so I asked the lady who introduced me to this Industry Ruth Sanchez for an idea. She reminded me of how we always had notebooks and took many notes at our meetings. Wow, I forgot this is an important tip to teach so here we go…
There are several reasons to take notes and I want to cover a few of them today so you can encourage your team to put some of them into Practice.
- Taking notes will help you remember what you heard during the training meeting. In today’s day, we listen to a lot of online webinars but most people look at it as TV and don’t take any notes hoping they will remember everything.
- It also shows that you respect the time of the speaker as later when you reference that talk.
- If you want to become a great Teacher first you become a great Student and taking notes and recordings are great.
- It also helps you to see a clearer picture of what is being taught so you can go over it later. Confucius said,” I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand”. SO when you do the work of writing it down you will remember better.
- Get good a writing down Major Points and then expand on them at the end of the meeting when you are home.
- Go over your notes and then when you are with your mentor ask questions about what you heard.
- Taking notes will keep you engaged in the Topic and you can get your team that wasn’t at the meeting engaged in what was said.
- Final thought Take Action on what you heard and record the results for future training.
Hey, I have the video below of today’s Freedom Friday but Please share with your teams so they can become great teachers.